The New Generation Network (NGN) and the IITA Business Incubation Platform (BIP) announce the Insects4Feed Entrepreneurship Incubation Program to raise entrepreneurs within the Black Soldier Fly value chain.
The program is being organised under the Insects4Feed Project which aims to address the growing need for local, sustainable and affordable animal protein sources for the livestock feed industry in Nigeria using Black Soldier Fly (BSF) Larva farming.
About the Entrepreneurship Incubation Program
This Entrepreneurship incubation program will expose participants to the following:
- Black Soldier Fly (BSF) breeding techniques
- BSF value chain development
- BSF management
- BSF business plan development
The program will create local producers and entrepreneurs of black soldier fly larva that provides a cheaper alternative to expensive and important animal protein feed for fish and poultry farmers and animal feed industries
Duration: 4 Months
Location: IITA Ibadan
Program starts August 2023
- Applicant must have at least SSCE
The ideal candidate must:
- Be literate (must be able to read and write)
- Be passionate about insect farming.
- Be available and teachable to learn new technologies.
- Be open-minded, ready to learn new things and willing to share knowledge with others.
- Be computer literate and have basic data processing skills.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Be attentive to details.
Terms and Conditions for Black Soldier Fly Entrepreneurship
- The entrepreneur must be ready to follow standard practices in insect production
- The entrepreneur must be capable to set up the insect business (small, medium or large scale)
- The entrepreneur must have a space to set up the insect business
- The entrepreneur must use standard equipment for operations as approved by the Insects4Feed cluster
- A start-up must be passionate about the insect business, and ready to learn, invest and pitch the business.
- The entrepreneur will use the facilities for a temporary period as specified by insects4feed (1 year)
- The entrepreneur must ensure proper handling of organic matter to prevent any form of odour in the incubation centre.
- The entrepreneur is not allowed to do any other business that is outside that of insect production in the facility.
- Proper management of the farm and the cost of farm maintenance will be handled by the entrepreneur.
- The entrepreneur must attend all necessary online and physical meetings and training organized at the Agribusiness Incubation Centre to enhance their growth.
- The entrepreneur agrees to work with the Global standard procedures set out by the Insects4Feed Impact cluster.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should fill out the form by clicking the APPLICATION FORM link below:
Application closes on Monday 17 July 2023.
For enquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
IITA BIP welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, faith or gender.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.